Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mike and Jen's Christmas Photos

My good friends, Mike and Jen, wanted a few pictures taken for their Christmas cards. The day we scheduled ended up being beautiful. We met at what I thought was a top-secret place for pictures - the OPPD arboretum. Not so much. There were at least ten other photographers in the park. It was kind of ridiculous. It was a great place though.





One of the great things about Mike and Jen is that they are not serious people. At all. They really didn't want any posed pictures, which is right up my alley. I'm not exactly great at giving a whole lot of direction. Most of my directions include gems such as:

"Act natural."
"It doesn't matter."
"Ummmmm....."

I prefer to catch things as they happen rather than force them to happen. Sometimes, I think it makes clients a little nervous. But I promise that if you trust me, and just have fun, you'll get great pictures. Such as this next one:



This is Mike and Jen to a T.

It's also their Christmas card this year. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment