Thursday, June 25, 2009

Graycen's Three Year Photos

I'm slowly but surely making my way through last weekends pictures. I took over 1000, so it's going to take some time.

When I edit down pictures, I start by viewing a batch in iPhoto. I go through and throw out all the unusable pictures (blurry, eyes closed). Then I scroll through the batch and save the top ones to a separate folder. That takes a particular batch from 350 pictures to maybe 60. I then edit those 60 in Photoshop, lightening eyes, adding some color pop, erasing stray hairs. Upon closer inspection, some of those 60 turn out to be unusable or just aren't quite good enough in my opinion, and I'll end up with a solid batch of 50. I'd rather give someone a smaller number of amazing photos than give them a ton of mediocre ones.

It's easy for me to see clear improvement over the last year. Before I would take 300 pictures and have maybe 20 that I thought were good. I was lucky if 10% of my pictures turned out. Now I'm getting about 20-25% great pictures out of a photo shoot. These pictures are from Graycen's three-year photos. I've only been able to edit a few, but I was really excited to share them so I asked her mom if I could post them. I am so pleased with these pictures. Hopefully her parents love them as much as I do!
















No comments:

Post a Comment